You can automatically clean up this post the disk by scheduling it daily, weekly, or monthly as per your need. Instead, you can create a Clean with one click icon on the desktop. This way, you would not even need to open the software.
- So, the first thing to try is to remove all storage devices (including DVDs, CD-ROMs, floppy disks, USB drives, external hard drives, etc.).
- This mostly occurs if previously windows didn’t shut down properly or Windows 10 computer, Laptop Shutdown unexpectedly due to an interrupted power supply or some other reason.
- When an error message pop-up on the screen, most users simply shut down the device and start it again to fix the issue.
- How to Install Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or 7 Using a Bootable USB guide for detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to install Windows.
- Again, this is good for both security and performance.
Some of these products may not have kept pace with Windows iterations, such as the latest Windows 11. By comparison, it is always better to use the native methods for Windows that we discussed here. Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem is one of the most common error messages that a Windows user receives.
The first stage: Create a bootable USB drive for repairing
If the first solution fails or does not work, you should try to fix the issue by running the Check Disk tool. The Check Disk tool enables you to check the integrity of your hard disk and fix various file system errors. It can also scan the hard disk drive for bad sectors and repair them. There are two different ways to run the Check Disk tool.
At the DISKPART prompt type list volume to display all Volumes/Partitions. After you have run the assign letter X command note that diskpart responds with a message stating the desired assignment was completed. Select Change Drive Letters and Paths as shown below. Below are screenshots of each Stage of the chkdsk /r scan once completed.
☛ Solution 3: Rebuild bcd settings
Free up space by making a habit of deleting files and folders each week and emptying the recycle bin afterwards. Doing this regularly means it’s more likely you’ll remember exactly what’s in the files and folders and won’t be so concerned about mistakenly deleting something important. Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager or hit Ctrl-Shift-Escape to launch. Head to the Startup tab and you’ll be able to view each item that runs on startup, along with its impact. If there are any programs you don’t need to have running, right-click them and close. Thankfully, you don’t have to trade in your computer just yet.